Sunday, October 11, 2009

Had an awesome weekend. Spent some quality time with Nic which I was very greatful for. He's seriously the best. He can make me laugh no matter what, especially after an iced double shot haha. We went to see Love Happens yesterday. Such a good movie. I'd highly recommend it.
Harry was in town as well. It was good to see him and got to meet his friends Carter and Natalie. They were great.

It was a pretty busy day today. Went to church, then to Nic's, then back to church, and then hung out with some people I had been missing very badly.
I was so tired today. I inadvertantly took a nap at the Peaks. I could not keep my eyes open to save my life.
Tonight after service I hung out with the Kizzees and few other people from church. I have seriously missed them like crazy. Ronin is now 7 months old which I cannot believe. I was there when he was born and now he's growing up to be a little man! I'm kind of partial, but he is honestly one of the cutest babies I have ever known. He's the kind of baby that makes me want one... in a long, loooong time haha.

Life feels like its been on turbo speed lately. I am coming to the realization that no matter how hard I try that I am simply not capable of controling pretty much any of it. People, circumstances, certain situations. The only thing I can control is how much of my life I choose to give to God. I can either hold onto it all and allow those things to weigh me down or the better of the 2 options, to take on His yoke which is so much lighter and easier. Its a completely terrifying feeling giving up control. I don't really think I have grasped what it means to fully give it all to Him. I hope someday I do. I somehow think I can do things better and if I just hold onto these things a little longer that they will turn out my way. But I am learning that you can't pray for God's will and still expect to keep your agenda. That's been the hardest part for me, throwing my agenda out the door to seek after what is on His agenda for my life.
I've been doing much thinking lately...probably too much hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment